Located at 5851 Clinton Street, the tennis club has 16 lighted tennis courts, making it one of the largest private tennis clubs in Los Angeles. Members rarely have to wait to play a match, and often arrive without booking a reservation ahead of time.
The club has played an important role in establishing the sport of tennis. It hosted the inaugural Pacific Southwest Open tournament in 1927, the world’s first hard court major tennis championships. The Spanish Colonial Revival style clubhouse was built that year also.